POSITION: Plant Technician:
Plant installation, repair and maintenance position available in our Ducor exchange.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
Applicant will be assisting with outside plant cable and facilities additions and maintenance, soft switch administration, transmission equipment maintenance and administration, and maintenance of the exchange offices buildings and grounds. Applicant must have a willingness to relocate if needed, experience in basic electricity and electronics (AC/DC), mechanical repair, operating excavation equipment, and other maintenance duties.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Willingness to work with and assist customers
- Willingness to work outdoors Ability to work flexible schedules including evenings and weekends when necessary
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted California Class "C" driver's license. A California Class "A" commercial license is preferred
- Ability to operate moderate to heavy excavating equipment, and all safety aspects of operating such equipment
- Basic knowledge of digital "soft-switch" administration is a plus
- A basic knowledge of the administration of outside plant electronics (AFC and Calix)
- Knowledge of microwave radio transmission and maintenance is a plus
- A full background investigation will be performed prior to employment
- Must possess basic computer skills with familiarity in Windows XP, Windows 7, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
Climbing ladders; lifting 50-100 pounds on a regular basis; pushing, reaching, bending and stooping; manual dexterity; good sense of balance; and must have the ability to perceive differences in wire and cable color codes.
Use the download links below to download the application. Email the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or send the completed application to the following address:
Ducor Telephone Company
Attn: Eric Wolfe/Will Meyer
P.O. Box 42230
Bakersfield, CA 93384.
Application in PDF format
Application in Microsoft Word format